Magnetic drives for high pressure & full vacuum
AMAR make magnetic drives and couplings can be used or a variety of applications including high pressure as well as full vacuum experiments involving metal as well as glass reactors. In these applications, the magnetic drive replaces the traditional stuffing box, mechanical seal and lip seal to provide a leak-free, non contaminating pressure and vacuum sealing suitable for pressures upto 350 bar and temperatures upto 500°C. These magnetic couplings can be custom designed for individual requirements by defining the rotor threading for the shaft (shaft threading for connecting to the mag drive) and the drive end connection (threading/flange connection for connecting the magnetic drive to the reactor head).
- Suitable for full vacuum to 700 bar pressure
- Magnetic drive agitators, couplings & mixers available for 50 ml - 10,000 ltr reactors
- High torque magnetic drives from 0.8 to 600 Nm
- Materials of SS316, Hastelloy C, Inconel, Monel, Titanium, Tantalum etc. for resistance to various chemicals
- Compact inline motor & magnetic couplings for 50 ml - 100 ltr reactors
- Magnetic drive coupling, mixers & agitator offered with CE, ATEX, UL/CSA certification on request
- The gland/mechanical sealings need replacement after every 200-1000 hrs of working depending on the application & are of use in limited pressure conditions. However, magnetic drives can run virtually life long without leakage & can be designed for pressures upto 700 bar
- Very useful for long or round the clock reactions as in gland/mechanical sealing if there is any leakage midway, the whole batch may go waste
- Zero leakage hence zero maintenance & zero breakdown for years
- Noiseless, vibration free & flexible hence overload results in coupling slippage safe guarding the motor
- Safe for toxic / hazardous & expensive chemicals
- No friction losses hence lower power consumption
- Suitable for glass/metal reactors / autoclaves / fermentors etc.
- Retrofitting existing gland / mechanical seal with magnetic coupling for reactors of any make & size with little modifications
- Customizable reactor mounting end connections & shaft connections
Magnetic drives, couplings & mixers for high vacuum distillation
- Amar Equipments are the pioneers of magnetic drive couplings for high vacuum distillation in round bottom flask (RBF) in India. The loss of vacuum during distillation using conventional PTFE bush / tape results in contamination Of the product. This is totally avoided by using zero leakage magnetic coupling / mixers with suitable taper / glass joints like B24, B34, B/NS29/32, B/NS45/40, etc. These couplings are cost effective & guarantee a superior product quality without any contamination. Clients can buy MG series coupling from Amar which can be designed to be fairly compatible with their existing stirrers. Alternately, they can also opt for MMG series compact inline vibration free motor & coupling in their existing RBF applications.
- Available for 100 ml to 50 ltr RBF / glass reactors
- These couplings / mixers can withstand full vacuum during continuous running
- Materials: SS316, Hastelloy C, PEEK etc.
- Suitable upto 1500 rpm